Problems with 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

jennifer2004

Hi I am new here I need help please. I have a 4.0 and at first it was dieing while going down rd.So I changed the gas filter and thought why I was at it I would change plugs and cleaned the maf icu and tps. Well got it back together and no start and when did no idle. Then I put a scanner on it .code came out o2 sensor replace that and then had 12 codes .I turned it over today and now only 3 codes 1492 0107 1296 .the pcm said 5 volt.5.17 to cam sensor 2.6 at start. Map 17.7 mv tps .717v 8 volt to spark plug .I just don't know what's going on ...help plz

I just did a head gasket in the neighbors 04 WJ. Man those four O2 sensors are a PIA.

What brand O2 sensor did you use?

-Mac

Man tell me about it,they are quite the pleasure to replace 😆
NOTE: The 4.0s like to use NGK o2 sensors since others have gone with different brands and still got codes, if needed i can provide part numbers!

Wasn't too bad imo since i was already replacing my cats, honestly the bolts were the biggest PITA since i could only turn my wrench 4 degrees at a time for the manifold to precat ......
Definitely recommend spraying your favorite penetrating fluid before the job and if you want start the jeep up for a moment to get things hot cause for me the sensors broke loose with no struggle on the manifold :D
Works like a charm 9 times outta 10, Spraying whatever rusty bolt with penetrant heating it up and shocking it by squirting some fluid and bam.............if that dont work its time for violence,What do i mean by violence you ask ? when you gotta whip out the hammer and grinder......or acetylene torch if you have one :D

Reactions: macleanflood