Proud Dad here

I know what you mean. When my kid was 4, I bought him a little electric Jeep and I would take it camping, so he could go wheeling. He would get it stuck, and then say "Oh Shit!" "Daddy, I need the winch!" Haha I am not sure where he got that from!

Sometimes I would hook my winch up to it for drama. He enjoyed it.

He is 24 now.

I know what you mean. When my kid was 4, I bought him a little electric Jeep and I would take it camping, so he could go wheeling. He would get it stuck, and then say "Oh Shit!" "Daddy, I need the winch!" Haha I am not sure where he got that from!

Sometimes I would hook my winch up to it for drama. He enjoyed it.

He is 24 now.
That's great!!

Reactions: TJ2
Kudos to the proud dads!

Back then, I had my son and daughter come with us on trail rides (and camping) when they were pre-teens (those memories are priceless).

They grew up with simple TJ jeeps (non electronic gismos) and appreciates what nature provides (instead of nintendo games), they now took each of our TJs permanently with them off to college.

Just another proud dad from this forum.

Last edited:
This was before the TJ....my daughter learning to drive at the age of 15. 1962 Scout with no power steering. With her "brother" in the back. This dog (Hero is his name) was like her brother. When she was little she asked often if she could have a brother....I didn't want a second child, so I told her "Hero" is your brother. They played a lot together. She was 3 years old when I got Hero and she was 19 when he passed away.
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG

That's classic my man! Someday, it's his and you will be a "real" Proud Dad when you watch him drive away...
you sitting on a rocking chair with a cup of coffee on one hand and a _____ on the other.

Last edited:
That's classic my man! Someday, it's his and you will be a "real" Proud Dad when you watch him drive away...
you sitting on a rocking chair with a cup of coffee on one hand and a _____ on the other.

Yea, except I sold the '5 in 2014 to buy my LJ. Last year the guy the bought it, sold it, then bought it back had it at a Jeep CJ show at his farm and invited us up. Gave the keys to my Son so he could drive it! Not that was a proud Dad moment! Now he's sold it off again....

Now 15 getting a chance to drive it!

02be1fd859efdb81ee4e8f8b6be239db.jpg

Make those Jeeping memories OP! Need thise future generations that keep our TJs running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: kt99tj and ac_