Quadratec 3.5” lift

Sandwedge

I’m looking to hear feedback from people that have first hand experience with Quadratec’s 3.5” suspension lift.

I am running the lift on my TJ and have no complaints. My Jeep is my weekend toy and is on pavement 90% of the time. I’ve had it on some moderately difficult trails (North Georgia/Southern Tennessee) a hand full of times over the last 18 months and it’s performed fine. Sure the ride is a bit bumpy but I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard people say “it’s a Jeep not a Cadillac” or something to that sort, so I have more or less accepted it. It drives straight as an arrow, no death wobble (yet). I’m also on load range E tires.

I’ve come across several vague but overall positive reviews of this lift from people that have it. I’ve also read where some believe it’s a rebranded Skyjacker which is known to be a sub-par, stiffer ride. It seems that most the negative feedback I’ve seen on this lift is coming from people that haven’t run it themselves.

I’ll also note that this has been my only Jeep with my only aftermarket suspension lift so I have no other lift/setup to compare it against. Maybe I’m just content with a sub par lift and haven’t had experience with any other higher quality brand.

Again, would really like to hear from the people that have had or currently have it on their rig, but welcoming any and all feedback.

Yes, it is re-branded, and I believe it's a re-branded Skyjacker. I wouldn't waste a penny on it. If you're on a budget and you want a good lift in that height range, get the Zone lift. It's actually a well thought out / designed lift for the price range it falls in.

Here's a link to the Zone lift:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017CBOA4Q/?tag=wranglerorg-20

The worst part about sub-par lifts (i.e. Skyjacker and Rough Country) is the quality of the shocks the include. The shocks are absolutely garbage and ride like crap... not even kidding either.

Yes, it is re-branded, and I believe it's a re-branded Skyjacker. I wouldn't waste a penny on it. If you're on a budget and you want a good lift in that height range, get the Zone lift. It's actually a well thought out / designed lift for the price range it falls in.

Here's a link to the Zone lift:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017CBOA4Q/?tag=wranglerorg-20

The worst part about sub-par lifts (i.e. Skyjacker and Rough Country) is the quality of the shocks the include. The shocks are absolutely garbage and ride like crap... not even kidding either.

Thanks. I think if anything I may upgrade the shocks to the Rancho RS5000X brand and see how that compares. Ive heard good things.

Reactions: JMT
Yeah, you could do that and upgrade the shocks to Rancho RS5000X.

I had a dealership last week try to pass off a RC lift as MOPAR on a new JLR! I asked the salesman if he thought I was stupid because I can clearly read Rough Country on the shocks. And top it all off that lift was an extra $3500! He said they sell a lot of the lifted Rubicon and people love them. I laughed and walked away.

Edit: haha did I just pull a @Squatch and derail?

Reactions: Starrs
We have lots of happy customers running this lift kit. We do offer the kit with Hydro shocks, Nitro shocks, or Fox IFP Monotube shocks. Here's a link to the kit with the Fox shocks:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadrat...-lift-kit-fox-ifp-mono-tube-shocks-97-06-jeep

As was mentioned, Zone also makes great kits! We have 3 of their TJ kits here:
https://www.quadratec.com/categories/jeep_lift_kits_suspension/lift_kits/spring_kits/?f[0]=sm_field_brand:taxonomy_term:8389

We do offer a forum discount as well! You can either:

E-mail my sales rep Rob at: [email protected] Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

or

Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm. All times are Eastern.

Whichever you prefer works for us.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick

Just an update. I ordered a set of the Rancho RS5000X shocks a few days ago from Amazon. Received them today and installation was really easy. Talk about a difference from the Quadratec shocks. Probably the best $200 I’ve spent and one of the best upgrades so far. Happy with the purchase. Should have done it years back.

Reactions: JMT and Chris
Thanks for the update! Yep, those Quadratec shocks are garbage. I never had any doubt about that.

Just an update. I ordered a set of the Rancho RS5000X shocks a few days ago from Amazon. Received them today and installation was really easy. Talk about a difference from the Quadratec shocks. Probably the best $200 I’ve spent and one of the best upgrades so far. Happy with the purchase. Should have done it years back.
Glad you liked the Rancho RS5000x shocks, they were a great choice.

Another part of your build that could cause a stiffer than required ride are your Load Range E tires. LR E means the tire was constructed more stiffly to support a vehicle significantly heavier than your Wrangler. At least make sure they're not also overinflated as well which would make them ride even stiffer. You don't say what size they are but assuming 33" or close, make sure you're not running more than about 24-26 psi. Normally for 33" tires 26-28 psi is recommended but that's for a Load Range C tire. For your stiffer Load Range E tire, it requires even less pressure.

Glad you liked the Rancho RS5000x shocks, they were a great choice.

Another part of your build that could cause a stiffer than required ride are your Load Range E tires. LR E means the tire was constructed more stiffly to support a vehicle significantly heavier than your Wrangler. At least make sure they're not also overinflated as well which would make them ride even stiffer. You don't say what size they are but assuming 33" or close, make sure you're not running more than about 24-26 psi. Normally for 33" tires 26-28 psi is recommended but that's for a Load Range C tire. For your stiffer Load Range E tire, it requires even less pressure.

My tires are 285/70r17, so pretty much a 33” tire. I am running about 28psi right now. I wasn’t sure how much lower I should go. I think I will try your advice and go down to about 24psi and see if I can notice a difference.

On another note, when I had the shop mount and balance the tires a couple years back they had about 45 to 50 psi which was unbelievably stiff, especially with those Quadratec shocks.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford