Questions about factory side steps / running board

Fatty98

Looking for some factory side steps for a ‘99 TJ. Picked up a pair but was told they were for a Rubicon and won’t fit. Guessing they were too long and would need to be cut. Tons of options after market but actually prefer the factory ones - just hard to come by. Are there several sizes for 99’s and what is the best place to look for them (trying Craigslist, Facebook Marketlace and this site).

Like these? They are what came on them from the factory.
F755FE9E-1B1B-4B3C-B29F-FE18F915599E.jpeg

Reactions: Blondie70
Yes. The set I got must have been from a Rubicon as they don’t fit my TJ. Not worth it to cut them so looking for originals.

Reactions: Blondie70
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
I think the only difference in them are the early one mount into nutserts in the frame and the later ones use an odd shaped W Looking bolt that sticks through the frame and then the steps go on and nuts on top of that. I think the later versions also have hooks on the steps that slide into slots on the frame. All versions could have the hooks, not positive.

I think they are interchangeable. You just need whatever hardware you choose.

I wonder if the ones you have are for a LJ and not a TJ that could make them longer, just a thought

Penalty - use of the word "running board". -25 points , first time offense.