Radiator puck out of alignment after body lift install

Frankred

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I attempted a body lift starting at 9pm today. It was after a long (side hustle, now my only hustle) work day. My TJ is now my DD once again starting Friday. I was finishing up my body lift on the last puck at the front/center location under the grill. However, the bolt hole doesn't line up and the bolt won't start threading in. I left the body mount out for the pic so it is easy to see the offset. See pics of the center puck as well as an example of the rest which are straight - front left. The others were fine.

Has anyone run into this? I am hoping to be able to solve this then put in the motor mount lift tomorrow after work.

20200325_223402.jpg
20200325_224212.jpg

Yep, same thing happened to me.

I was able to solve it by using the jack to jack up the body in different areas until I finally managed to get maybe 1/4" of the bolt threads in. Once I did that, it was easy.

Of course it took me jacking the thing up in a number of locations to finally get things aligned enough to do this, but I finally did managed to do it.

Reactions: Frankred and ejay
Thanks. I can try that tomorrow night. I was tired, so I tightened up most of the bolts so the blue loctite would at least find it's home. I'll loosen everything up tomorrow night and jack at different locations to see if I can get it to line up.

Loosen the grill to cowl rods and fender to grill bolts if you need to. There's plenty of wiggle room once you do that.

I loosened the body mount bolts and jacked up one side then the other. Things didn't magically line up. My best brainstorm on how to pull things forward was to wrap bungee cords from the front bumper to the center body mount bolt. This method allowed me to line up the center body mount well enough to line it up.
I got a start on the motor mount lift. Hoping to finish that tomorrow.

Whenever I have alignment issues, whether it be body or motor, or axles, I use a heavy duty ratchet strap to get things into position. This has always worked for me. ;)