Rat rod offroad

I've been off the app for a while. I think it was diluting my own original ideas for my build. I like to fabricate my own parts with the options that are not available to buy.
I bought a 98 tj 2.5 in April last year. Then, a week later. I bought a 1945 M100. I have been outfitting both on a ramen noodle budget ever since. There is too much to list in this post but here is some pics. Tell me what you think. BTW, this is my jeep and I drive it daily
530fb5f6c0f9edfd27939d7b1f50b262.jpg
bd77d297f16b010cf19d5c17b27478ac.jpg
9289754dbb05833afd0ed5faf7ae7dd9.jpg
636b1e3d414da25ebea1bc2496a7f5d6.jpg
2dbd3a93eafad50a00a45c300a2e092b.jpg
52f06f217aabd314112a3b30f3471d57.jpg
04e15c92508c9065bcb3202868ffebf2.jpg

Sent from my Z798BL using Tapatalk

It looks like fun. Also, I support any vehicle that can be washed with a Brillo pad!!! ;)
Everything green is painted in rustolium textured multi colored. It feels like stone. I wanted it to look like an old sweaty army hat

Reactions: Squatch
I made the tube doors , windshield hinge mounts, jack mount,removable ammo can console, full length top with side shades, switch cluster, and the navigation/cb housing. All made of common items. I'll post pics of the matching trailer in the morning. Total cost for this portion of the unit about 8500$.

Reactions: KCsTJ and Kiwi TJ
I made the tube doors , windshield hinge mounts, jack mount,removable ammo can console, full length top with side shades, switch cluster, and the navigation/cb housing. All made of common items. I'll post pics of the matching trailer in the morning. Total cost for this portion of the unit about 8500$.

I like how hand-built it is ..and if you can you make everything or adapt it..look forward to seeing the trailor

I like how you carried your "f it" theme into your photographing the vehicle.:b2:
No one said f-it to anything. I put a lot of work into this. I didn't just put money on a counter and turn a wrench. There was slot of thought and engineering put into this project. And for a guy with debilitating MS to be able to something like this is one of my biggest accomplishments. And you say f-it attitude. Sorry I can't afford the latest iPhone with the best camera. Plus MS makes my hand shake.

Reactions: Chris
I seriously couldn't be sorrier that I offended you. I really didn't mean to insult you and I love what you've done with your ride. I didn't mean "f it" as in it's a cob-job or anything like that. I meant that you went a different direction than most would go and that you obviously didn't let that stop you.
That being said, I will own the fact that I was intentionally insulting the photo quality and now that I know the reason behind it I feel awful.
Again, I'm very very sorry and love your Jeep!

I seriously couldn't be sorrier that I offended you. I really didn't mean to insult you and I love what you've done with your ride. I didn't mean "f it" as in it's a cob-job or anything like that. I meant that you went a different direction than most would go and that you obviously didn't let that stop you.
That being said, I will own the fact that I was intentionally insulting the photo quality and now that I know the reason behind it I feel awful.
Again, I'm very very sorry and love your Jeep!
Apology accepted. The cool thing with this stuff is that it is all bolt-on, and in factory holes. No drilling or permanence.

Reactions: jchadscud
Overlandtjm100- I can tell you I LOVE that jeep!!! looks like the route I took on my other TJ "Ammo Can" from the flat paint to custom fabrication, it really does add a whole new level of BUILT not BOUGHT!! Mad respect for you....