Really need some forum member opinions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamison C

Heil Savvy 🙋‍♂️
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I’m not interested in this at all.

I’ve looked at this ad several times over the last month and I’m just really trying to unpack why this guy bought a rolled jeep, with a fire (which he apparently didn’t know about), from an insurance auction, sight-unseen, for 4K+? And then thinks he can get 3.8k for it?

Am I missing something here? How is this even remotely close to a fixable project?
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pts/d/goodyear-2008-jeep-wrangler-sahara-jk/7227502123.html

That’s funny.. I do that shit also.. see something like that and think what is REALLY going on here.. something is missing from story this person isnt gunna tell us... No way would that be fixable and/or be worth fixing up when there are so many of those out there.. my guess is he got it free and is trying to make a buck, or it’s a scam posting

I can tell you what is going on here. The guy is an idiot. First, "bought this from an insurance auction as a "roll over", thinking it'd be a fun project for my wife" and then goes on to say, "front axle where it connects to the suspension bar pulled off (could probably weld it back on?)".

I'm sorry, but a guy that thinks he can fix a roll over "anything" should have a little more knowledge than that.

• Haha
Reactions: Hog and Tomcat
Never, ever, for any reason, underestimate the stupidity of people.

My thought? Dude probably rolled it himself and is trying to sell it to pay off the money he still owes on the loan.

Reactions: Tomcat
And it’s a 3.8 on top of it. That thing is near worthless at this point 🤣

Talk about getting taken to the cleaners.

My guess is that this is someone who watches a lot of YouTube car rebuild channels and thought this would be an easy cheap turnaround without fully doing his homework.

It's already risky enough buying a regular used car sight unseen. Now doing that with a salvage auction...that takes a special kind of individual.

I’ve bought 6 vehicles off of Copart now.

why he has to blame Copart is beyond me.
When my moms Miata hit a deer. The insurance took the car, but she didn’t want to give it up. She wanted a track car. So she bought it back.

that didn’t stop the folks at Copart from swiping all the valuable items first. The emblems, the stick shift. Various hvac covers. That’s where Copart is the blame. And even then that’s the location. Not all of them.

this is a fool who lost his butt on a bad investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.