Rear axle bearing keeps failing

Jeep1975

Hello
I explain to you
I heard a noise in the back; direction garage, after being mounted on a bridge, diagnosis: rear wheel bearing HS
So I urgently order on Ebay, and at the same time he changes the bearings of the differential
I take the vehicle back after repair, a few days later: again, the noise again
I go back to the garage, the bearings again, we probably say to ourselves the poor quality of the bearings
I order the MOPAR bearings from Rockauto, assembly and a few days later: rebelote

What is your opinion on the subject?
Should anything else be changed?
Is it due to the bearing of the differential?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is primarily an english speaking forum, any chance you're bilingual and can do it in english? Google translate didn't convey all that well what you're trying to say. Also, a video of the sound might help.

Inspect the axle bearing rollers and outer bearing race for signs of scuffing or abnormal wear.
This could be signs of a bent axle as previous members have posted.
Care should be exercised when installing the bearing onto the axle shaft and installing the new outer race into the axle tube.
Ensure the bearing and outer race are properly seated and excessive pressure is not exerted out the outer cage of the bearing.
Poor installation practices.... can cause problems with the life expectancy of the bearings.

Last edited:
Help me understand are we talking about wheel bearings or the internal bearings?
X2, are you talking about the outer axle shaft bearings near the brakes or the inner bearings inside the differential? Probably the outer bearings from what I'm thinking which, as was suggested multiple times, likely from a bent axle shaft.

Désolé , je suis français ! le mecano a changé le roulement du différentiel et les roulements des roues
Y a t il un réglage à faire lors du changement des roulement du différentiel ?

Désolé , je suis français ! le mecano a changé le roulement du différentiel et les roulements des roues
Y a t il un réglage à faire lors du changement des roulement du différentiel ?

Translation.....

Sorry, I'm french ! the mechanic changed the bearing of the differential and the bearings of the wheels
Is there an adjustment to be made when changing the differential bearings?