Rear end creak/squeak: only on flex

imactj2004

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
okay…i know the rigs never gonna be silent. However, Im tryin to chase down the source of a rear end creaking/squeeking that happens only when the rear end flexes a bit.

I can jump up and down on the bumper and dont hear a thing. But when the rear end goes over a speed bump or curb or even my driveway incline, I get a pronounced squeaking sound. Wondering what the culprit could be…seems like springs are the most likely, but wouldnt I hear those when jumpin on my bumper?

Last edited:
okay…i know the rigs never gonna be silent. However, Im tryin to chase down the source of a rear end creaking/squeeking that happens only when the rear end flexes a bit.

I can jump up and down on the bumper and dont hear a thing. But when the rear end goes over a speed bump or curb or even my driveway incline, I get a pronounced squeaking sound. Wondering what the cupleit could be…seems like springs are the most likely, but would I hear those when jumpin on my bumper?

check the rear sway bar bushings.. mine was being a whiny bitch in the same situations you described.

i had my severely obese neighbour shake the shit out of my jeep while i was under it and i was able to pinpoint it.

Reactions: imactj2004
check the rear sway bar bushings.. mine was being a whiny bitch in the same situations you described.

i had my severely obese neighbour shake the shit out of my jeep while i was under it and i was able to pinpoint it.

send yer severely obese neighbor over…I’ll put em to work.

• Haha
Reactions: Ocho