Rebuilt 2.5 problems

Lizard66

1997 Jeep tj 2.5 installed a long block remanufacture engine 2.5 in the Jeep from a popular automotive parts store and when I was done it started up quick and idle stead but had a bad tapping or knocking. So I shut it down did not run for no more then a minute so thinking it was come from the oil pan I pulled the the pan off did did not see anything hitting the pan. I Pulled all 4 plugs to turn engine with a wrench on crank it does not a full circle it only goes half circle and stops and I mean a dead stop. then I pulled the valve cover off to see if an see anything obvious i see nothing. Also looked down the spark plug holes with a camera to see if I see any objects. what I can see is maybe some marks on the cylinder walls on #1and #2. Also pulled off clutch and flywheel, distributor, and still is locked and don’t turn pulled trimming chain cover it looks ok nothing broken. The engine turned good before install because I put it on Tdc and I turned the crank to do so. I can’t take anything more apart to do investigating. Because it has a warranty . its a long block so the head was on it the timing chain was on I just basically just had t swap the tin over. Any idea what could have had happened During this job.