California Recommend install shop in the Los Angeles area?

Jeeptj26.2

I'm looking to have 2" springs and shocks installed on my stock 03 TJ, but I would like to take it to someone that has done work on jeeps that aren't JL/JKs. I've called around in the LA area (562, 310, 626, 714) and some don't even work on TJs. So can anyone recommend a shop? Ive called the known shops in LA/OC area, but they just want to sell you their lift to install and over charge you for both the lift components and installation. I already have the components, I just don't have the mechanical expertise.
Thanks in advance.

I'm looking to have 2" springs and shocks installed on my stock 03 TJ, but I would like to take it to someone that has done work on jeeps that aren't JL/JKs. I've called around in the LA area (562, 310, 626, 714) and some don't even work on TJs. So can anyone recommend a shop? Ive called the known shops in LA/OC area, but they just want to sell you their lift to install and over charge you for both the lift components and installation. I already have the components, I just don't have the mechanical expertise.
Thanks in advance.
A 2-inch spring lift with new shocks isn't too difficult to do in the driveway with simple hand tools and a jack. There are plenty of write-ups and youtube videos on how to do it. While the springs are out it's also the best time to measure your bump stops and maximize your up travel. Removing the springs is a good thing to know how to do. If you fully flex the axle you shouldn't even need to use a spring compressor. If you were closer I'd gladly help.

You got this. If you have any specific questions I have no doubt people would jump in and talk you through it.

Thanks for the reply and offee of assistance. I would have tried it if I had an extra set of knowledgeable hands to help me out. I just didnt trust myself doing it in my own. I think I posted this last week and no replies so I kept calling around and found two shops. One was a small off road reapir shop and a regular mechanic shop with off road "tendencies" in its repair work. I got a quote of $380 and $500 including alignment from the shops. So I got it done yesterday and it looks great.

Reactions: Alex01
Thanks for the reply and offee of assistance. I would have tried it if I had an extra set of knowledgeable hands to help me out. I just didnt trust myself doing it in my own. I think I posted this last week and no replies so I kept calling around and found two shops. One was a small off road reapir shop and a regular mechanic shop with off road "tendencies" in its repair work. I got a quote of $380 and $500 including alignment from the shops. So I got it done yesterday and it looks great.
Glad you're happy with the lift. That's a great price considering it came with an alignment.

This thread is worthless without pics

May I ask a question that iant related to finding a shop??
I feel a slight shutter/vibration now that wasn't there prior (I've had the stock setup since I purchased the jeep used 6 yrs ago). Based on what I've read, to fix that I need to do a transfer case drop OR a motor mount lift (MML) of 1"? Am I right? If not, can you steer me in the right path please.

A MML or tcase drop would likely fix the issue. A mml will require you modify the fan shroud a bit unless you add a BL, body lift, at the same time. If the jeep is mostly street / easy trails and cheapest/easiest way to get the vibration out out would be to keep adding washers to the belly skid bolts in between the belly skid and frame until the vibration goes away.

Another option would be to get adjustable upper, lower, or both arms in the rear so you could adjust the pinion.

Thanks for the advice! Just a clarifying question, isn't adding washers to the belly skid plate the same as a transfer case drop? From what I've seen on those T-case drop kits, its either some small pucks or a long steel spacer bar. I don't mind installing the drop kit if that's the right thing to do. My off-roading is mainly 2-3 times a year at local OHV area or easy to moderate trails.

Yep, the washers are serving the same function in lowering the skid plate.

One advantage to the washers — You can start small with a couple washers, then test drive to see if the vibes go away. If they are still there, add another and test again.

You may get lucky and only need a few, minimizing the amount you have to drop the skid. And therefore minimizing the amount of ground clearance you give up.

Yep, the washers are serving the same function in lowering the skid plate.

One advantage to the washers — You can start small with a couple washers, then test drive to see if the vibes go away. If they are still there, add another and test again.

You may get lucky and only need a few, minimizing the amount you have to drop the skid. And therefore minimizing the amount of ground clearance you give up.
Thanks for clarifying that for me, really do appreciate the help!

Glad you're happy with the lift. That's a great price considering it came with an alignment.

This thread is worthless without pics

IMG_20200526_193957_314.jpg

A little late but here is the TJ with a 2 inch Pro Comp spring lift and Rubicon Express Monotube shocks. Still on the same 245 75 16 Moabs.

Reactions: Alex01