Recommended Ceramic Coating Products?

SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm not getting much traction here, so thought I'd start a new thread.

Recommendations for ceramic coating products? Anyone have any favorites, or any pro-tips to share in applying them?

I have had a lot of luck with Car guys hybrid wax spray for the day to day wash, great at water shearing and even some mud. Way less work to apply and you don’t have to worry about getting some on the plastics. Doesn’t take out the big scratches like true wax will though.

I have heard some good things about Avalon King for the show car community for a more “true ceramic”, but I haven’t used it yet.

Reactions: SSTJ
I've also been using Turtle Wax hybrid ceramic spray and its pretty good for a Jeep.

Last spring I did their whole 3 step process on the Jeep (hood, doors) and now I just hit it with the spray every few months. It really helps keep the Jeep clean between washes and when I do wash it the mud/dirt just falls off. Its certainly to perfect but for where the Jeep goes I don't really need a perfect product.

I am thinking about having my PW professionally done

Give Carpro CQuartz a try. I used to be a professional detailer and this stuff is very simple to use and repels dirt and water very well. I usually get it from auto geek.net.

I just recently detailed our two Jeeps and my truck. Clay bar, compounded, sealed and polished. Used the Griot's ceramic spray over all three afterwards. First time using a product like that and went on and off pretty easy. I did pick up a bottle of the Turtle Wax ceramic spray as well, but haven't used it yet. Have two more cars to do. It's a fair amount of work doing all those steps, but the before and after difference is very noticeable. My hope is to just use the ceramic spray on them every couple months and see how the protection holds up.

Reactions: Artsifrtsi and SSTJ
Keeping it shiny is easy, the hard part is finding a trim restorer/protector?
TopCoat F11 is the best trim treatment I've found and it just wipes off the paint or glass and lasts.
I only use it on black plastic or painted trim parts now.

I have been using the Meguirs Ceramic wax on my truck and its great. Wash the vehicle and while wet spray it on and wipe dry then next wash you can wash it spray on another application and hose off.

I've never had a problem finding a good finish/wax/sealer for the paint, finding something that works and stays on the black trim is the hard part.
The search is over, finally.

I've never had a problem finding a good finish/wax/sealer for the paint, finding something that works and stays on the black trim is the hard part.
The search is over, finally.

I suppose that if since I painted my trim I could use the same product on both, right?

Just saw an ad for F11 Pro and remembered this thread. Sounds like F11 is designed to be used on almost any surface. But it's also described as a water-based alternative to ceramic sprays. @Tray Burge seemed to love it. Anyone else?

I recently tried a Turtle Wax ceramic spray, but it did still leave some wax residue on black plastic parts.

Just saw an ad for F11 Pro and remembered this thread. Sounds like F11 is designed to be used on almost any surface. But it's also described as a water-based alternative to ceramic sprays. @Tray Burge seemed to love it. Anyone else?

Some of my neighbors love it. I've never used it, but they coat everything with it, including glass. I think they apply it twice a year onto vehicle that sit out uncovered 24/7.

I recently tried a Turtle Wax ceramic spray, but it did still leave some wax residue on black plastic parts.

I've since found Chemical Guys for the black trim, works a little better and a hellavu alot easier to buy, but it's for the trim only. (I also use their ph neutral balanced w/wax car wash now too to keep from removing it during washings.)
Up side: Cheaper, easier to get and works just as well.
Down side: You have to go back and wipe off the over spray/wipe off the paint.
I've also since gone back to good ol hard shell carnuba wax applied with a polisher, night and day difference and just a little more work.
I still have a gallon of f-11 on my shelf since switching.