Replacement Seat Options?

Josh.JeepTJ

I’ve got stock seats in my ‘03 TJ and I’m planning on buying either new seats or just seat covers. Are there any replacement seats out there with any interesting features or anything special about them in general? If not, I’ll probably just end up buying seat covers

I believe, if I’m not mistaken, I’ve seen some posts by @Jerry Bransford. Regarding some aftermarket seats he has been very happy with. Hopefully he will chime in and let you know the details of his set up.

I know a lot folks are very happy with bartract seat covers. They are expensive, but worth it according to countless reviews I’ve seen on them.

I personally find the stock seats in my 99 to be, probably the most comfortable seats of any vehicle I’ve ever owned. I’m thinking about some custom leather seat skins when it comes time. I’ve seen a website for some pretty affordable skins on here, but I can’t recall what it was.

I
I believe, if I’m not mistaken, I’ve seen some posts by @Jerry Bransford. Regarding some aftermarket seats he has been very happy with. Hopefully he will chime in and let you know the details of his set up.

I know a lot folks are very happy with bartract seat covers. They are expensive, but worth it according to countless reviews I’ve seen on them.

I personally find the stock seats in my 99 to be, probably the most comfortable seats of any vehicle I’ve ever owned. I’m thinking about some custom leather seat skins when it comes time. I’ve seen a website for some pretty affordable skins on here, but I can’t recall what it was.
right now, I’m leaning towards trek armor for my seat covers

I

right now, I’m leaning towards trek armor for my seat covers
Covers are probably going to be your most cost efficient route, if your happy with the comfort of your seats that is.

I know there are some seats out of other vehicles that work in our TJs as well. But I’m not a very knowledgeable person on this subject.

Bartact seat covers get universal praise, be sure to check them out. I'm running PRP suspension seats which are great since they hold me in better but they're also a bit deeper with higher bolsters so they're not quite as quick or easy to get in/out of as a regular seat.

This is what they look like but they do have fixed back angles which some wouldn't like but I've found the angle to be perfect. PRP (their seats are all made here in California) does have other seats with adjustable seat backs. :)

2013-09-07_13-27-07_907.jpg

Reactions: TJBob
I got new very good condition seats out of a Cherokee (or Grand Cherokee - can't remember) at a local junkyard for about $50.
I love them. (I just need to find nice leather ones with built in heated seats now)
They were a *direct bolt-on...however, note that there is a modification that needs to be done if you want the fold/tumble type of option. (4 door seats do not need to tumble/fold)

I am happy wit my stock 06 seats. I ponyed up the money for the barracks and they are definitely worth it.👍Get some seat heaters from Amazon and you can be all fancy too😉. Not a dig. I added them. Too old to pretend to be a tough guy.😞

Reactions: Kris M
I went along the same lines as @Jerry Bransford and got suspension seats. Everything is similar to Jerry's but just a different company that also has models with an adjustable back. If you are doing any kind of off roading, I highly suggest suspension seats. I love mine and they have saved my butt plenty of times.
IMG-0031.JPG

The stock 03?-06 seats are suspension-ish. And while yes, Jerry you are older, but I've been stuck with a cane for 15 years and I see you run around like an old teenager compared to me. But those socks....