Revolution 4.56 Dana 44/30 Package

Yes it is. It is however usually better to have the installing shop provide all the parts. That way their warranty will cover all parts and labor. If you provide the parts and something goes wrong, they'll blame the parts you provided. The dealer will blame the installer, who is normally at fault, and you'll be stuck in the middle.

Reactions: Flivver250
Yes it is. It is however usually better to have the installing shop provide all the parts. That way their warranty will cover all parts and labor. If you provide the parts and something goes wrong, they'll blame the parts you provided. The dealer will blame the installer, who is normally at fault, and you'll be stuck in the middle.
Thanks, the guy installing them is the guy I bought my Dana 44 from last week. The carrier in the Dana 44 was welded and he gave me another limited slip to replace it with. When I removed the carrier this morning I saw this on the pinion.

I texted him and he replied, “That is messed up. I feel bad. I want to make this right, let me come up with a solution.” Then he asked me what gears I was wanting to run. I said 4.56. He said, “If you’ll buy the gears I’ll come install both front and rear axles for you.” He felt really bad. I think he’s trying to get a Jeep business going. He said “He does’nt do business that way and we’re going to make this right.” So, I’ll have the parts warranty, but the labor is pretty much being done by a friend. I’m going to assist and learn. He has shown me patterns of his gear setups from the past and they look very well done.

57B3CD55-17AA-476F-82D4-E2A5B94FCF9A.jpeg

Yep, but hit up Allen @AOR and see what he can do.
That’s a good idea. I had looked at Allen’s site and saw they were $519. Amazon was $495 (or thereabouts). I’m sure he’ll see this and maybe he can do about the same. I had an earlier deal setup with him for an S35. Then the guy I was going to have do it refused to use anything but Yukon parts that he provided. So that was going to leave Allen out. But with the Dana 44 I just landed, that whole deal is out the window. So it would be good to buy these from Allen.

Truthfully, the whole re-gear and rear locker was just going to cost too much this year. I had given up on it and had some other plans, but in this situation I don’t think I should pass on this opportunity. This will exhaust my Jeep funds for the year, but I’ll be on 4.56’s. I just wish I could afford a rear locker while I’m in there. But that’s way beyond teh Jeep budget. If I learn enough installing these gears, I can do it later myself.

Reactions: IPerkWVU and KCsTJ