Running rough

i.ronin

Tj died 3 weeks ago. Crank but no start. I replaced fuel pump & wire connector. Replaced crankshaft position (3 different ones) & wire connector. Cam shaft & wire connector. Throttle position & wire connector. Still getting crankshaft sensor codes & won't go over 2200 rpms. Thanks for any help in advance.

Tj died 3 weeks ago. Crank but no start. I replaced fuel pump & wire connector. Replaced crankshaft position (3 different ones) & wire connector. Cam shaft & wire connector. Throttle position & wire connector. Still getting crankshaft sensor codes & won't go over 2200 rpms. Thanks for any help in advance.

Does the tach move when cranking? Jeep TJ PCM's are VERY intolerant to non-OEM CKP sensors, and really any sensor in general.

Thanks much.

Mr. Cooper Smith. My Mopar part came in today. It doesn't fit. I'm guessing this isn't the original engine now. The angle is wrong & the hole for bolt won't line up. Thanks for the help. Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

17193548158813531626930998697813.jpg

17193548342693462453786982961279.jpg

Mr. Cooper Smith. My Mopar part came in today. It doesn't fit. I'm guessing this isn't the original engine now. The angle is wrong & the hole for bolt won't line up. Thanks for the help. Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

View attachment 537880

View attachment 537881

The 2005-2006 sensors and harnesses are much different. You likely got one of the 1997-2004 ones. What is the OEM part number on that exact sensor you have?

The 2005-2006 sensors and harnesses are much different. You likely got one of the 1997-2004 ones. What is the OEM part number on that exact sensor you have?

I thank you again sir. I pulled the original part out of the trash & ordered that from Mopar today. Lesson learned, always look for numbers on part before ordering replacement.

Reactions: macleanflood
I thank you again sir. I pulled the original part out of the trash & ordered that from Mopar today. Lesson learned, always look for numbers on part before ordering replacement.

I also swapped out the camshaft position sensor, but I'm not sure what brand that was. I saw a video saying keep the brands the same. But I'm not getting codes leading me to believe it's an issue.