RocketMan spotted at 3000 feet in LAX patterns

I want to see his setup. Most of those "jetpack" style things would have a tough time hitting 3000 feet.

I mean they could get up there, but good luck having enough fuel for a controlled landing.

Reactions: Chris
I want to see his setup. Most of those "jetpack" style things would have a tough time hitting 3000 feet.

I mean they could get up there, but good luck having enough fuel for a controlled landing.
Guy crossed the English Channel, that's 20 miles. Getting to 3000' would be no issue.

Reactions: Chris
Guy crossed the English Channel, that's 20 miles. Getting to 3000' would be no issue.

No he didn't. That guy landed on a boat for more fuel in the middle.

He also was skimming the surface. Flying straight takes much less fuel than gaining altitude.

Only ones I know of that fly at any real altitude are the jet powered wings, and they are launched from a plane and parachute when they run out of fuel. And they carry a lot more fuel than the guy who crossed the channel did.

No he didn't. That guy landed on a boat for more fuel in the middle.
Sorry, he flew 10 miles on a tank which still means 3000' is trivial. It's basic math and if the guys had wings I think the pilots would have seen them depending on how strong the mushrooms they were eating were.