Texas Roll Call

Kiwi TJ

I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Just saw on the news about Hurricane Harvey sweeping through the Lone Star State......Hope everyone from Texas on here is doing ok and you friends and Family too.....( I know we have a few on this forum from there)

Just saw on the news about Hurricane Harvey sweeping through the Lone Star State......Hope everyone from Texas on here is doing ok and you friends and Family too.....( I know we have a few on this forum from there)
Have a place on the coast (Galveston, texas). Went down and secured everything thurs and Fri. Brought jeep, boat, and golf cart to higher ground. We aren't getting the worst of the winds but are expecting up to 30" (yes over 2 feet) of rain over the next 4 days.
25367.jpeg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Kathy
Good here in the Hill Country so far. Overcast and rainy all day. Amazing since we're 250 mi from the coast. We'll probably get 4+". We often visit Rockport, Port A and Corpus. I feel bad for those folks.

Things are a-ok in Dallas, although a little cooler than usual which is nice. I did get a full tank of gas this morning because most of our fuel comes up from refineries in the gulf, so we are worried about supply problems because of the storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small update. Radar has looked like this pretty much all day. The biggest problem will be the stalled storm dumping rain on south Texas.

0ae70f6293771cef3561454c7ac7e9fe.jpg

The local news is reporting 200K without power, 1 person dead, and some mobile home communities completely destroyed.

Y'all stay safe down there. Jeepers love driving through high water- but seriously, be careful.

So it looks like the Hurricane was downgraded to a tropical storm, but the major issue for people now is going to be flooding, huh? How far inland will that flooding occur I wonder...

Stay safe!

So it looks like the Hurricane was downgraded to a tropical storm, but the major issue for people now is going to be flooding, huh? How far inland will that flooding occur I wonder...

Stay safe!
Houston is known to have one of the worst draining systems in the country. That is where Texas is truly flat lol. I think they'll see the worst of it. I wouldn't be surprised if Victoria saw some flood issues and that's a good ways inland.

Reactions: Chris
Maybe even some parts of San Antonio?? Nothing near like Houston and Corpus Christi. Fun fact. My parents lived on North Padre island for about 6 months and then moved back up to Dallas. Needless to say I'm glad our pride and joy isn't down there anymore. Glad my parents are safe too lol.
IMG_6110.jpg

As far as inland, Austin is notorious for flooding. San Antonio not so much.

Houston will flood if you leave your faucet on too long.

Rockport got hit bad. That's sad. I've stayed there many a time. Loved to eat at Moon Dogs. Friend of mines son lost almost everything there.

Reactions: Kevin E
I'm right outside of Austin. It won't stop raining; I may be stuck inside my neighborhood. There are only two ways in/out and I think they're both flooded.

I say that... but I'm sure the Commander could make it out and I'm positive my LJR would make it out, but ummm, I'd rather enjoy sitting in my nice new house (minus a few shingles... damn it), and listen to the wind and watch the rain.

Prior to the hurricane, I made a stop by our grocery store and they were almost completely sold out of water. What all these mooks forgot about was the delicious Topo Chico. I bought a couple cases of Topo Chico, some lemons, some cheap steaks, milk, and veggies.

I'm still waiting for when I can become the true physical embodiment of Negan from The Walking Dead and rule my neighborhood with an iron first. I've already got enough guns to arm my left and right hand men (looks at @Chris and anyone but billieboob) and enough ammo to last at least several months.

We had a power surge but via some magical Steve Jobs mojo, my iMac didn't even blink.

because Apple.

Dallas is just starting to get a little bit of the storm now. Houston is really having a rough time, and Dallas now has 3 shelters set up for Houston evacuees.

Reactions: Kevin E
We lived in Arlington for 31 years but moved south to get closer to grandkids. Our daughters family evacuated to our house I 2008 when Ike hit Galveston. Now I'm in the middle of Harvey. Doing good but the Colorado river is close by and expected to crest 20 foot higher than flood stage!