Texas Roll Call

Gosh, I keep seeing photos like this and it's just so hard to take in. It's really disturbing to see all these houses submerged in water.

The PO was a real piece of work. The pisser is, no insulation was there.

Yeah, that's a real half ass way to do it, no doubt about it. Not like it would have been that difficult to get that window out. I've done it before, it's not rocket science.

I'm going to put a sun screen on it and call it good for the next owner.

It makes me think, if you live in Texas, you should build a house on stilts. You know, 20 feet up or so. That way if it floods...

Saw these pictures of a texan in a jk on 37s helping out. Id like to think most of America would do the same. Praying for you guys in texas and anyone else affected by Harvey.
55934e7b0504d45c40a2dcd8f1cfb5f1.jpg
60c1f4cb741ca3bb6c801d7057f2e6fa.jpg

Finally able to get to our house. Still not able to get back in it. We got lucky this time, no water in the house just garage. There is power in the neighborhood but won't be turning mine on for another day or twoView attachment 21394
Thank God for a pier and beam house 3 feet off the ground
Dude, that's close! Awesome your ok!

Reactions: Kevin E
Nice work man. But I have to ask, I've been wondering all week. How are you boaters getting gas?
i filled up 2 - 5 gallon (holds 6) gas containers before the storm just in case. topped off the boat too - not even knowing id be using it like i did 0 just to have gas in it since i was at a gas station. Turned out to be a good move.

We got my submerged generator fixed and of course the power came back on.

AC was out but a new capacitor and I have cold blowing @8:00 PM.

Was able to get hot water heater working.

Of course, I have a water pipe leak in the house(you can't make this stuff up :lol:) that I have to fix when I get off work today.

Wow, glad you got all that working! I would say to turn on the heat to dry things out, but being in Texas, you've got natural heat.

Reactions: Kevin E and tman66
Using the TJ for an anchor. Only thing that kept my propane tank from floating away was the soft copper supply line. I loosened it and moved the tank back on the pad. I saw a few tanks floating the last few days.
20170903_112403-576x1024.jpg

Reactions: LTTJ and Kiwi TJ
Saw these pictures of a texan in a jk on 37s helping out. Id like to think most of America would do the same. Praying for you guys in texas and anyone else affected by Harvey. View attachment 21408View attachment 21409
Can a make a "but it's a JK" joke or should I not? :D

Seeing all the big hearts you Texans have makes me want to move there. Really. You don't seem to see this kind of help in many places. Glad everyone seems to be alright and many thanks to those of you helping others! This forum makes me proud to own a jeep and be a member of wranglertjforum. Should have made an account a couple years ago.

Last edited:
For ya'll who live in Houston, what can actually be done to help? I am driving back to Houston (I live in Fulshear, which wasn't affected like north Houston was) tomorrow and am curious as to how to help?

Bring a bunch of food to the Houston Food bank? Do the same for the Salvation Army? Anyone need help in general with repairing their homes?

Reactions: StG58 and LTTJ