Rough idle when started for the day

Stp15e

Hey all,

Im having this issue that when my Jeep is started for the day it Is a pain to start then idles rough and doesn’t have much power when the pedal is pressed. All of this goes away when the engine gets a little warm. Issue comes back I start it back up after work. I’m driving a 97 TJ with a 2.5L.

Thanks.

Try this tomorrow morning... turn the ignition switch on-off-on a dozen times, just to the On position, not to start. Pause in the On position for 2 seconds each time before shutting it off each of the 12 times.

If it starts right up after that your fuel pump's check valve is leaking which means you need to install a new fuel pump. Avoid store brand fuel pumps or aftermarket brands like Spectre or Airtex.

Try this tomorrow morning... turn the ignition switch on-off-on a dozen times, just to the On position, not to start. Pause in the On position for 2 seconds each time before shutting it off each of the 12 times.

If it starts right up after that your fuel pump's check valve is leaking which means you need to install a new fuel pump. Avoid store brand fuel pumps or aftermarket brands like Spectre or Airtex.

I just tried what you said to do and it seemed to start up and run a little better than it has been.