RPMs dip / engine stalls at idle (intermittent)

It’s is actually illuminating a DTC for a Miss?

Not a single code of any kind. Just the noise, which you can feel slightly through the Jeep.

have you checked or changed your spark plugs ? that's normally the 1st thing I check , seen some huge gaps on 2 different TJ's it seems people don't like to change them !

That's one of the early things I tried. New plugs, I switched from the iridiums to the coppers, checked the gap on each with a wire gauge, all good. When I pulled them they weren't flooded or discolored.

Intermittent misfires can be ignition like coil, cap, rotor, wires or plugs. It can also be fuel like low pressure, bad injectors, or bad PCM. It can also be mechanical like a leaking head gasket, bad lifters or a sticking valve. Really too much for the internet to diagnose. I recommend if you are unable to self check those items to take it to a shop.

New coil, rotor, wires, and plugs. Fuel pressure steady 48 at idle, momentary dip to 47 when I press the gas, then snaps right back to 48. PCM has been replaced. Cap is relatively new.

I'm leaning that direction. I went to my Jeep mechanic today (he only works on Jeeps) and he said I need to fix the small exhaust leak first, then go from there. So this week I'm going to see if my exhaust shop has any openings.

My timing light arrived today, so tomorrow I'll hook that up to see if my spark is steady.

Reactions: Jezza
Ran the Seafoam through the intake. No smoke out the back, apparently things were already pretty clean. If it weren't for that misfire it's running like a top.

Tried a timing light just to see if there were spark issues, everything looks fine.

I need more things to test.