California Rubicon Trip Sep 8-10th (Cancelled Due To Fire)

Question for those that have been there.
My LJR is only on 33's, but I do have a tummy tuck.
I would like an honest answer whether you would want me (or anyone else on 33s) tagging along. I know it can be done, but do you want to be the group that has to get the new guy through the trail no matter what.
I know how to wheel, and the vehicle is solid, but I also don't want to be the weakest link.
Don't worry; even if you all say it's okay, I can't make it this year.

Reactions: Vasq and Apparition
I would like an honest answer whether you would want me (or anyone else on 33s) tagging along. I know it can be done, but do you want to be the group that has to get the new guy through the trail no matter what.
I know how to wheel, and the vehicle is solid, but I also don't want to be the weakest link.
You’ll be fine on 33’s, do you have an engine skid? It‘s a worthwhile investment if not.

Reactions: Apparition and D M
Yes, UCF engine/trans skid. Plus a raised Savvy GTS.

Again, It's not about whether the Jeep can make it, but whether a group of strangers would feel comfortable with a lesser vehicle in the lineup.
@Thunderhead did it on a budget boost and bald 32s and IIRC only got winched twice. Once on little sluice (snowing) and the other on a slippery section of Cadillac hill because it was raining.

I believe you'd be fine with 33s and honestly even if you slowed us down a bit, which I doubt, it would be fun to have you join.

Again, It's not about whether the Jeep can make it, but whether a group of strangers would feel comfortable with a lesser vehicle in the lineup.

Would be fine, I did it in my XJ on 32’s twice. Never even had to be winched.

Only time I have to get winched is when @Alex01 spots me.

Would be fine, I did it in my XJ on 32’s twice. Never even had to be winched.

Only time I have to get winched is when @Alex01 spots me.
🤣🤣🤣

Maybe if you didn't care so much about your flares I could get you closer to the wall without fear of triggering your ocd alarm 🤣

To be honest, we’re more of a sightseeing, take your time on an obstacle, Kodak moment picture taking while wheeling group, in other words “not in a hurry”. This is why we take three days to go 25 miles😉

🤣🤣🤣

Maybe if you didn't care so much about your flares I could get you closer to the wall without fear of triggering your ocd alarm 🤣

Well some of our Jeeps arn’t hussys always running around topless and without without flares in public. Some Jeeps are sophisticated and like to wear black and leave a little bit to the imagination.

Oh no problem I did it several time in my YJ on 33's and no winching and it's only a 4 banger 🤫

Well some of our Jeeps arn’t hussys always running around topless and without without flares in public. Some Jeeps are sophisticated and like to wear black and leave a little bit to the imagination.
200.gif

Yes I guess Jeep TJ Unlimited aka LJR's are more sophisticated then us std TJ owners :ROFLMAO:

x4p88fufdpu51.jpg