Rust advice

Flivver250

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I am looking at a new daily driver that has a little surface rust. I think with a little Brillo and Rustoleum it should be good as new. What do you think?
Very-Rusty-Jeep.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: mots
Ouch! That Jeep is empty, just like the keg next to it.

How does it run? If it even starts it could be a good project vehicle to do with the kids. You know what ever they do they can't F it up!

Mine is way worse than that, and I just drove it to work today, and have for the last few weeks.

The addition roll bar they concocted out of conduit, curtain rods or whatever on the front half looks stupid strong. You could roll that down a huge mountain and walk away without a scratch.

• Haha
Reactions: mots
I was just noticing @Flivver250 , after a second look at this. The yard, trees etc. all look well kept. The edging on the lawn is even being kept after. But, this monstrosity looks like it has been sitting there for a while, with the rust spots etc.. The keg sitting out there could be a temporary thing, but it odd just sitting out there with the Jeep...like it may just sit there for a while.

Point being, the owner of yard and vehicle don't seem to match. Makes you wonder what the story is here?

Some options:

- Rental property, renter's Jeep and keg? No respect brah...

- Rental property, owner left Jeep at rental property because wife won't let him keep it at home? Also stores his kegs there so the wife won't find them.

- Same guy's house and Jeep? Wife does the yard. Guy sleeps on the couch.

(Yeah, I'm pretty bored right now!)

P.S. Also noticed the coil spring in the back, but the jeep don't ride on those. Future upgrade?

The person that owns this is the type to replace coil springs with leafs, and justify it. That coil spring looks big, probably from a 1 ton truck.