Selling full doors keyed to my ignition

Remove the locks. You can get a replacement set for about $35 with keys or better yet let the purchaser buy them.

What's the safest way to sell these doors, keyed to my ignition.
Out of State.:rolleyes:
p.s. I've never worried about that when selling doors (or anything else). Maybe it's because people know "of me". My newest wife thinks I'm crazy for bringing $12,000+ in cash to buy a Jeep from a stranger at an unknown location. I tell her, "they're the crazy ones". My money, my Jeep, concealed weapons permit up to date and unknown location. What's to worry about? My first two wives couldn't be "reached for comments" on this matter.:unsure:

p.s. I do have a "killer "garden out back though.

Last edited:
Remove the locks. You can get a replacement set for about $35 with keys or better yet let the purchaser buy them.
This^^^

the new owner is going to want the doors keyed to their ignition anyway. I would at least

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I sold locks installed but without the key. It'd take the right crazy buyer to cut the key based on the shims and steal the Jeep.

Like people have said, people will likely want to rekey anyway.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
How are you selling the doors? If the buyer isn't coming to your house to pick them up so he knows where you live, just leave the locks installed and give the poor guy one key that fits them. It'd be easier for everyone.

Reactions: dvngdg and toximus
Take out the cylinders and remove the wafers. The new owner can buy a kit to "rekey" them to his ignition or have a locksmith do it for not much money.

You could probably pay a locksmith to key them to a blank key, or literally just an uncut key. Give them the doors and the blank, and they can rekey it to their jeep and cut the blank if they like.

x

CameraZOOM-20210710124050171.jpg

Why, unless you’re broke, would you want to get rid of perfectly good doors that you will want to put back on someday?

If it’s a no place to store them thing, take them to your mom’s house for safe keeping.

Just direct them to the how-to thread here on how to rekey doors…it’s stupid easy. Much easier for them to rekey then having two keys on their keychain.

Why, unless you’re broke, would you want to get rid of perfectly good doors that you will want to put back on someday?

If it’s a no place to store them thing, take them to your mom’s house for safe keeping.
Those are all good points! I'm gonna keep the doors, Just because I can.
Thanks everyone for the input !

Reactions: 2001slvrstntj