New York Shops that deal with large tire sizes in central New York

Reidminer

TJ Enthusiast
Hi everyone, so I’m gonna need a new set of 37’s in the near future and can’t find a single place online that’ll do tire sizes past 35’s near me. I’ve thought of like tractor trailer shops but also can’t seem to find any near me.
So, is anyone on here in NYS(central NY to be specific) that knows of a place that’ll accommodate 37’s?
Obviously I could downsize to 35’s and really suffer no loss and keep a few extra bucks, but it’s already close to reliably supporting 37’s for the rigor of the trails that I could get into in my state at the moment so I have no issue staying with 37’s if I can only find a place to install them lol. So if anyone knows of a home in the wall shop that does good work in the area I’d love to hear it!

I have a shop but not close.

I'm confused though..a 37 isn't a big deal whatsoever.

Why can't you find a regular old repair place to take care if this?

Service tire truck centers can do this I'm betting. Cannon...Big 4 maybe?

All in Syracuse!!??!!

The big rig place will change them right on the vehicle. They're extraordinarily slick at it

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBoogieman
I would call your local tire shops and/or off road shops. 37's are pretty common. I can't imagine many of them refusing your money.

Are they refusing to put them on because they don't have the equipment?

Or because they don't want the liability?

Generally what I'll do anymore is buy the tires online then take them to a local independent used tire shop to mount them on the rims. Sometimes I'll just bring the rims, other times drive the car there.

I have a shop but not close.

I'm confused though..a 37 isn't a big deal whatsoever.

Why can't you find a regular old repair place to take care if this?

Service tire truck centers can do this I'm betting. Cannon...Big 4 maybe?

All in Syracuse!!??!!

The big rig place will change them right on the vehicle. They're extraordinarily slick at it
Well I had 35’s on my last rig and the Jeep dealership I worked at could barely fit those on their balancing machine, and 37’s definitely wouldn’t fit. Made some calls and literally all the dealerships around me say they can’t do that size. Big truck service centers is what I’ve been looking for but can’t seem to find any in my area, and other tire shops in my area also don’t deal with tires larger than 35’s some don’t even do those lol. I’m gonna try harder looking for a big rig shop I guess, there’s gotta be one somewhere

Are they refusing to put them on because they don't have the equipment?

Or because they don't want the liability?

Generally what I'll do anymore is buy the tires online then take them to a local independent used tire shop to mount them on the rims. Sometimes I'll just bring the rims, other times drive the car there.
Well from the dealership I worked at, it was an issue of not big enough equipment, they could only mount and balance up to 35” tires and most of the local “tire” shops either only go up to 35” or won’t even do 35’s(based on phone calls) I’ve got a family friend that has a shop on his property and does it as a second income and he’s worked on my jeeps before, might give him a call and just keep searching for a big tire place

Wow, coulda sworn I’ve called big 4 tire before but just did and turns out they can do it from mounting on rims to putting them on the rig, for about $160 total

Well I had 35’s on my last rig and the Jeep dealership I worked at could barely fit those on their balancing machine, and 37’s definitely wouldn’t fit. Made some calls and literally all the dealerships around me say they can’t do that size. Big truck service centers is what I’ve been looking for but can’t seem to find any in my area, and other tire shops in my area also don’t deal with tires larger than 35’s some don’t even do those lol. I’m gonna try harder looking for a big rig shop I guess, there’s gotta be one somewhere
That's bullshit...tell them to take fucking hood off their balancer.

Like this...

20210315_154453.jpg

54's will fit.

I think my machines will take a 40 or 42 inch tire. If you were closer, I could take care of it for you. Sounds like these other shops are just lazy, or not aware they can do a large tire like that. If they change hard, or take extra time to balance, I will charge more. That’s only fair. If the customer doesn’t like it, so be it.