Should I replace my aftermarket lower control arms with stock?

JFace

Supporting Member
What it says on the tin. Sometime next year I plan on getting a new lift kit on my TJ since the one I have now (Teraflex) is about 15 years old and pretty tired. The lower control arms both front and rear have been replaced with what I assume are Teraflexs first control arm (fixed length) but I don't know since any branding have long since been erroded away. But I am farily certain that it is a Teraflex and it is a 3-3.5 lift.

Anyways... Plannning on going with DPGs OME 2.5 Ultimate system when I do upgrade but am wondering if I should switch the aftermarket arms back to stock. At that size lift height will I even need aftermarket arms? Or can I replace them with some Crown Auto ones? I don't mind spending the money getting either the JKS ones with the kit or even getting Curries at that point, but if its a non-issue, I'd rather just get the stamped steel factory style ones, and save a bit of money.

Can you post a photo or two of your control arms? Tera's first generation arms had a terrible design that could tear their mounts away from where they were welded. If they're fixed length it's not those but...

Factory arms do work well on easier trails, their design lets them flex better than some arms like Tera's first-generation adjustable length arms did.

Can you post a photo or two of your control arms? Tera's first generation arms had a terrible design that could tear their mounts away from where they were welded. If they're fixed length it's not those but...

Yeah of course. The only reason I beleive they may be Teraflex is that I did find an old serial number on the shock that came with it, before I replaced them and it led me to an old dicontinued TJ lift from Teraflex

20200811_154238.jpg
20200811_154233.jpg
20200811_154251.jpg