Side window weather strip / felt sweep replacement (success story)

mipa

I just want to share my positive experience of replacing the weather strip / window sweep on my driver side (right hand driver) window .. will do the other side tomorrow.

I had water coming into my legroom / floor of the driver (right) side and was tracing it down by spraying with a garden hose from the outside... it came dripping tough between the plastic door panel and the door frame (front screw), which is quite strange because the door has holes at the bottom for that reason.. but sometimes water finds it own way.

I figured out that the outer felt sweep was quite loose / wavy and not 100% pressed against the glass any more... also there was a quite big gap at the end between the weather strip and the door frame... so I decided to replace both sides.

I went on amazon and after reading a bunch of bad reviews on Crown and Omix-Ada I went via ebay and choose the brand "Fairchild Industries".
(I can only use amazon or ebay from Thailand, because if shipping)

Manufacturer Part Number: Mill 6297215 Fairchild KD2011
Interchange Part Number: 55176223 55176565AC 55176564AC
Other Part Number: KD2013 J5457057 J5454164 J5459644 J5459645 J5453833 55176222

The quality of the rubber is amazing (quite soft and nice felt inside), perfect fit and replacing it is quite simple:
- remove the triangle piece at the front corner (two screws)
- pull the old weather strip out (just pull to the top, the clips will come loose)
- push the clips of the new one in
- done

I also removed the door panel, the weather seal plastic cover, removed all the black goo (official called "butyl") and replaced it with a new one that's 100% tight.

IMG_2021120.jpg