California Slick Rock Deer Valley 5-22 to 5-23

Plumber1

Tito's, Tacos and Trails
Supporting Member
Ok so now it looks like we will do Sourgrass on Sat the 22nd since the other tails are yet open

This my current list let me know if you coming or not, just so we know who to wait for if needed. If I missed your name sorry trying to pick up names from different posts.

We can either meet at the Camp Connell General Store and Gas which is about 25 min before the turn off, or if guys are camping up that we can meet at the turn off or the trailhead. Just let me know what works for you and we can work around that part.

So current count

@Alex01
@Gone-N-Done-It
@Plumber1 + 2 other Rubicon's one is a JL 🤫

Are you guys open for this

@DylanM345
@Indy
@Lonewolf
@Midnight LJR
@DrDmoney

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex01 and D M
  • Sad
Reactions: Midnight LJR
Reactions: D M
Ok so it looks like we will do Slick Rock on Sat the 22nd and Deer Valley on the 23rd.

This my current list let me know if you coming or not, just so we know who to wait for if needed. If I missed your name sorry trying to pick up names from different posts.

We can either meet at the Camp Connell General Store and Gas which is about 25 min before the turn off, or if guys are camping up that we can meet at the turn off or the trailhead. Just let me know what works for you and we can work around that part.

@Plumber1 + 1 JL
@Alex01
@Gone-N-Done-It
@DylanM345
@Indy
@fly boy
@Lonewolf

Are you guys open for this
@Midnight LJR
@DrDmoney
Without a winch I'm not going to try it the hard way. So I'll pass this time. Have fun!

Without a winch I'm not going to try it the hard way. So I'll pass this time. Have fun!
That's why you go with people with a winch 😉
WTF typical government 🤬
Well if anyone is up for Sourgrass
Friday afternoon, Saturday or Sunday
I will be up there Friday early afternoon 🤷‍♂️

Let me know if the fist weekend in June works for you 👍
I'd be game for sour grass on the 22nd. Hopefully SR opens up but atleast we'll have a backup plan.

Reactions: D M and Plumber1
I have done SG many times and never needed a winch. Even doing it in my YJ on 33’s but it does have lockers. There is really only one spot where you cross the creek that is trick, but even then there will be others with winches if needed. This is great trail to test out your jeep you may find out you don’t need a winch

I'm always looking for a winching buddy! A couple of years ago I could pretty much do SG in 2wd except for one spot. The trail has gotten harder; but so far, I've never needed a winch. It is a little tricky going up and out of the creek. A May run is not going to work for me at this point.

Reactions: Plumber1
That's why you go with people with a winch 😉

I'd be game for sour grass on the 22nd. Hopefully SR opens up but atleast we'll have a backup plan.
So if you and anyone else is up for Sourgrass on the 22nd I can make that work. And we can do SR/DV on June 5th & 6th or just do SR

Let me know who can make either of those dates (y)

Welp im out sadly :( Long story short, ive been away from the jeep for about 1.5 weeks and kinda forgot I dont have a front driveshaft right now (broke due to Moab) so unless I can pull a rabbit out of the hat and find one before the 22nd, I wont have 4wd🤦‍♂️

Thanks for setting up the run @Plumber1, it was a fun day. Also, thanks for the yummy breakfast.
20210522_113733.jpg
20210522_113737.jpg
20210522_140023.jpg
20210522_140218.jpg
20210522_140221.jpg
20210522_140237.jpg
20210522_140232.jpg
20210522_140238.jpg
20210522_140427.jpg

Thanks for making the trip and the photos, that second to last photo looks worse than it felt :ROFLMAO:. It was a chilly day but fun, I never seam to take pictures, so I am glade you did. I wish I had taken a picture of Todd's JL Rubicon with the cracked hard top from his Gobi Rack for others. That seams to be a poor design when doing that trail caused his hard to top crack in two places w/o hitting a object. :mad:

IMG_8482.jpg

IMG_8489.jpg

IMG_8492.jpg

IMG_8493.jpg

IMG_8500.jpg

IMG_8495.jpg