Soft top bowed

buckeye1872

Hard to see in photo, but the middle of the soft top bowed a little during winter storage. At about 45mph creates a bad wind noise and can feel air coming in if I stick my hand there. Installed the top last spring using original channel. Had no issues till I took it out of storage. Probably should have unlatched for storage. Just get a new channel, or anyone know any secrets
softtop.jpg
to get bow out? Thanks.

The screws were a little loose. Did not seal any tighter though. I thought maybe the rollbar padding was making the top not seat properly, removed, did not help. Looked at pictures from before storage and seen it may have been this way ever since I put the new top on. I'm thinking the original channel may need replaced. It is 17 years old. Will report back when I replace it.

If the screws were loose did you pull the fabric tighter before tightening the screws?
When I replaced my top I had to pull hard to get the fabric all the way seated in the header bar while I was putting in the screws. Basically the screws is what holds the fabric in place.

It was cold out when I was messing with it. So I am going to try what you said on a warmer day so it stretches a little bit better.

Also remove the screws and check the hole in the fabric where the screws went in. See if they are oblong or stretched or ripped. You might have to remove the screws pull the fabric tight an reinsert the screws. Post pics of the screws on the header.

Reactions: buckeye1872
top1.jpg
top2.jpg
top3.jpg
top4.jpg

Pictures of the top. Also including a picture of a straight edge on the middle part of top where it is bowed.