Soft top flap

truejdm

What do you guys do to keep the soft top left rear flap from coming undone and flapping in the wind.

80E1619D-07FD-4A59-B98B-5D5231E17501.jpeg

I'm not an expert, but the tension created by the upper frame is what helps reduce/eliminate the top from coming loose from the tub & flapping at speed.
I'd take a measurement or two and see if the frame on your top is symmetrical.

Reactions: truejdm
I thought most tops had velcro to hold the rear window up while traveling? Or am I misunderstanding what you are asking?

I have two wide pieces of self-wrap hook and loop straps wrapped around each rear roll bar. When I run in that configuration like your picture, I wrap it around the roll bar and corner piece. Of course, the soft side against the top. Mine used to come off a lot.

https://www.strapworks.com/2-inch-self-wrap-hook-and-loop-black

IMG_3462.JPG

Reactions: MountaineerTom
It happens to me occasionally, it's usually just an issue of not having it seated properly. I've always kind of just chalked it up to being an older top and a little worn.
The bigger issue for me is the constant flapping of the rear seatbelt straps if the side windows or top is off.
A couple of small bungees that I keep wrapped around the roll bar back there. Works pretty well. Or if you don't like your passengers just rip the seatbelts out all together.

I have used both bungee cords and velcro straps to secure the seatbelts to the roll bar, but both options 'dented/creased' the roll bar padding and made it look terrible.
I have since upgraded my approach to include a pair of binder clips that secure the two straps to each other rather than securing them to the roll bar.
They still make some noise at freeway speeds, but far less than without anything.

If my rear seat was always out, I would probably just remove the seatbelts...
That's my solution now. :)

After debating with my overthinking self, I took the decision that the TJ is going to be a 2-seater on permanent basis. Very few times it wasn't in practice before anyway.