Soft top framed or frameless

I'm looking at replacing my soft top and am considering going with a frameless.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L81T4G6/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Are there any good or bad things over a framed or frameless top?

Anyone have any experience with this frameless top?

The frameless soft tops are typically harder to install. Most of the guys who run them seem to leave the top portion on (and run it as a safari top) and just take the Windows off.

The other thing I've heard is that if you want to remove the entire top with a frameless top sometimes it's hard to store it since it doesn't fold down nicely like the framed top.

I will also say that Smittybilt tops won't fit as nicely as Bestop (which is the best of the best as far as soft tops are concerned, but also the most expensive).

I noticed the frameless slope down more than the framed over the back seat. Probably less head room but if you're like me and don't use back seat shouldn't matter. I have a framed one from best top and just pulls up, snaps into windshield header and it's good to go.

I went with the Pavement Ends Sprint top. I had a $100 coupon for this top AND they had a $50 rebate...so it was dirt cheap

I absolutely love it!! It folds back like a JKU when you've got it fully installed, for a semi-convertible feel

images.ashx?i=56840-35_b.jpg

jeep30.jpg

and then side and rear window removal are a BREEZE for a bikini top feel

jeep29.jpg

I can't say that it's any less headroom than a factory soft top though

It takes me about 10 minutes to get the top on when completely off. And no bows to dick around with. It's great quality and the windows are very nice (and tinted)

Reactions: Slepnir
I went with the Pavement Ends Sprint top. I had a $100 coupon for this top AND they had a $50 rebate...so it was dirt cheap

I absolutely love it!! It folds back like a JKU when you've got it fully installed, for a semi-convertible feel

View attachment 1489

View attachment 1487

and then side and rear window removal are a BREEZE for a bikini top feel

View attachment 1488

I can't say that it's any less headroom than a factory soft top though

It takes me about 10 minutes to get the top on when completely off. And no bows to dick around with. It's great quality and the windows are very nice (and tinted)
How long have you had the Sprint Top? Have you had any issues with it? Would you buy it again?