Soft top window compatibility

EJD

TJ Overlander
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I'm new to soft tops, so forgive me if this is a dumb question but are any soft top windows interchangeable with with other brand soft tops?

I have a Bestop Supertop NX, and i'm wondering if for example Rugged Ridge windows would zipper right in to the bestop? Or are they an ever so slightly different size so that you have to buy the same brand windows for replacements?

I was just curious as I was considering putting a different color windows onto my black diamond soft top.

From what I've researched, there were some changes from 03+ years. The back window is the same, but the rear side windows retain the zipper pulls in different locations.

Reactions: EJD
But the rear quarter windows are the same size universally?

What about stock soft top? Mine came windowless. (Had a hard top too) do regular Bestop windows zip in?

What about stock soft top? Mine came windowless. (Had a hard top too) do regular Bestop windows zip in?
I would assume Bestop windows would zip in to the stock soft top since Bestop is who makes the stock soft top...hard to imagine them switching things so you couldn't, but I again thats purely an assumption.

Found this on an internet search. I've got the same dilemma, found a trektop nx with no side or rear windows for a good price so I sold my hardtop since it's not a daily driver. Now, a few years later and still no windows but my wife needs to use it daily and she's not as open to weathering the weather like I am and I don't want to spend 500 bucks on windows if a cheaper brand s will fit so I guess any updates would be appreciated

Found this on an internet search. I've got the same dilemma, found a trektop nx with no side or rear windows for a good price so I sold my hardtop since it's not a daily driver. Now, a few years later and still no windows but my wife needs to use it daily and she's not as open to weathering the weather like I am and I don't want to spend 500 bucks on windows if a cheaper brand s will fit so I guess any updates would be appreciated

I wouldn’t think another brands window will fit. Might be best to cough up the money for Bestop windows or buy used complete soft top.