Speaker Static / Issues

rookieTJ

Supporting Member
Hey All,

Had the top off my 04' Jeep TJ the other day, and per usual with my luck a storm came barreling in, only lasted 30 mins or so, but it down poured. Entire inside of the jeep got soaked. Jeep started and drives fine.

But my headunit (Sony XAV-1000) and speakers (Sony XS-R1346) are acting up. My headunit turns on and functions properly without any issues. But whenever I start to try to play music whether it be from bluetooth, plugged in car-play, or the radio, no music comes out, just straight static from all speakers. I re-wired my harness for the headunit, I replaced the speakers with new ones, but still having the issue. No music plays at all, just static noise.

Is my headunit toast? Or am is their something else causing this?

Any help is appreciated it in advance.

If the problem started immediately after it got wet, I would lean toward water damage in the headinit is the probable cause.

Does the headunit have pre amp outputs? If those are working, you could install an amplifier and posibly avoid replacing the headunit.

If you replace the headunit, you may want to look at marine radios. They are not as susceptible to water damage.

Reactions: CreepinDeth
Sounds like the headunit got soaked internally
As mentioend, try the pre-amp outs to an amp for a temp check to see if the speakers work that way

If not, need to replace the headunit