Spectre Cowl Intake for TJ

Rubiconned

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Should I Install it or sell it? It's been sitting in it's box for 20 years. I know CAIs don't do much, but it sure would look purdy under the hood. Also, would a throttle body spacer make it sit too high and interfere with the hood?

Let the CAI and TBS bashing begin!

SpecterMain.jpg

SpecterPieces.jpg

Should I Install it or sell it? It's been sitting in it's box for 20 years. I know CAIs don't do much, but it sure would look purdy under the hood. Also, would a throttle body spacer make it sit too high and interfere with the hood?

View attachment 537030

View attachment 537028

I’d sell it unless you have a specific use for it. Could use that money for something else that’ll give an actual benefit.

View attachment 537030

View attachment 537028

It definitely reduces the IAT’s, but the question is how much difference does that make in a stock 4.0 - not too much. But, it does raise your air intake location a good bit if you do deep water crossings.

I run a similar Spectre setup on my Hemi - although I run a larger diameter custom version with a much larger filter - and given the underhood temp the big Hemi generates I could not run without it. It sometimes does make a huge difference.

Before I did the cowl intake my IAT’s were exceeding 250 degrees - and the mill was pulling so much timing I was loosing a bunch of ponies. Now my IAT’s run pretty close to ambient.

Also, you can loose the throttle body spacer. That makes absolutely no difference on a fuel injected 4.0.