Stripped torx head on TPS

MacGryphon

I’ve been getting my 2003 TJ/X 4.0 back into running condition after years of sitting.
in the process of troubleshooting some rough idle and acceleration issues, I was trying to swap out my TPS and stripped the Torx head on one of the bolts.

any suggestions on how to remove it now?

Use a Dremel cutoff wheel or similar to cut just the screw's heads off which of course will total the TPS in the process. The TPS will pull off leaving the rest of the screws sticking out of the TB which can then be unscrewed with pliers or vise grips.

Use a Dremel cutoff wheel or similar to cut just the screw's heads off which of course will total the TPS in the process. The TPS will pull off leaving the rest of the screws sticking out of the TB which can then be unscrewed with pliers or vise grips.
Thanks, Jerry. I figured that would be about the only option, but wanted to check with the gurus first.

Another option for removing the screw head would by to use a drill bit...

Mine was stuck as well, and just short of stripping. Since the MOPAR replacement came with screws, I pulled the throttle body for a thorough cleaning and used a small sized vice grip to loosen the existing screws just enough to then use a torx bit safely again.