Stuck brake rotor problem

Ryjedavis

So I got a realllly stuck rotor. Bent a 8 inch 3-jaw puller trying to get it off. Is there anything else holding the rotor to the hub? Will I hurt anything in hub if I heat up the rotor real good to try to remove it? I looked up all the tricks - I’m nervous about ruining the caliper bolt mounts if I try to run a bolt and nut through that to push the rotor off, but I’m at a loss. Could I just replace the whole hub assembly if I can’t get it off?

????

All you need is this....

20210407_183741.jpg

Yes I'm serious!!!!!

Pounded on it with a larger hammer than that. Finally went to autozone and rented a 7 ton puller. 2 min with an impact and some more pounding and great success. Guess the harbor freight pullers I had lying around weren’t up to the job. But when I went to put the tire back on one of the mounting bolts is loose/broken. Does that mean I have to replace the hub after all?? I don’t think I hit it with the hammer but idk.

Pounded on it with a larger hammer than that. Finally went to autozone and rented a 7 ton puller. 2 min with an impact and some more pounding and great success. Guess the harbor freight pullers I had lying around weren’t up to the job. But when I went to put the tire back on one of the mounting bolts is loose/broken. Does that mean I have to replace the hub after all?? I don’t think I hit it with the hammer but idk.
The problem with folks and hammers is they don't know how to use one. All you had to do was smack the top of the rotor inward like you were trying to mate it up to the upper ball joint or drive it through the coil spring and it would have popped loose. Works every single time.

If the stud is wobbling in the hole, time for a new hub.

Hit it like that 10 times. Then went around and hit between the studs. Then went and watched all the YouTube videos on hitting a rotor off, as I’d never had one that didn’t come loose with a few hits. A hammer was not going to get this one off.

Can I replace just the stud?

If I need a new hub is moog a decent option?

Hit it like that 10 times. Then went around and hit between the studs. Then went and watched all the YouTube videos on hitting a rotor off, as I’d never had one that didn’t come loose with a few hits. A hammer was not going to get this one off.

Put your purse down and hit it next time.

Timken is what you want for your hub.

In my neck of the woods, many rotors get broken in pieces getting removed. A torch and air chisel are also handy.