Stupid people making it bad for us all

WillM

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/262238131-story

YULEE, Fla. - A Georgia woman died after falling from a Jeep Wrangler in Florida.

According to a Florida Highway Patrol report, 24-year-old Brittanie Gail Evans of Douglas, Georgia, was sitting in the front passenger seat of the Jeep driving late Saturday near Yulee in Nassau County. Yulee is about 20 miles north of Jacksonville, Florida.

The driver and two other passengers also were from Georgia.

The Jeep did not have any doors on it. The report said that "for an unknown reason," Evans was leaning out of the vehicle when she fell onto the road.

Evans was pronounced dead at a hospital.

According to the report, neither Evans nor the driver wore seatbelts, and alcohol may have been a factor in Evans' death.

The report said charges were pending.

Reactions: BakoJohn
Great not wearing a seat belt would be my guess.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

According to the report, neither Evans nor the driver wore seatbelts, and alcohol may have been a factor in Evans' death.

Sums it up...

Kind of reminds me of when I see someone riding a motorcycle with their helmet resting safely on the passenger back rest.
That's a good place for it if you get in a wreck! (sarcasm, of course)
I now always wear my helmet, I used to hate wearing one.
And, I always wear my seat belt in the jeep, especially when the doors are off!

Reactions: Van
Yeah, seatbelt helps, even a drunk can't get out of the seatbelt.

neither Evans nor the driver wore seatbelts, and alcohol may have been a factor...

Just watch some legislator in Florida will try to ban Jeeps without doors.... altho seatbelts are all that was required.

My neighbor has a 55 Dodge.... feel naked without the seatbelt.

DSCN0525.jpg

Reactions: VallenMaes
neither Evans nor the driver wore seatbelts, and alcohol may have been a factor...

Just watch some legislator in Florida will try to ban Jeeps without doors.... altho seatbelts are all that was required.
If it happened here in Commiefornia, there would already be a first draft.

Agreed. To her family; condolences, thoughts, and prayers. Good lesson for us and the ones we love that alcohol amplifies bad decisions. As I write this I have another sip thinking of past adventures in the comfort of my chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jughead
I know I shouldn't laugh but what you said was hilarious. Really is a sad situation for her family, may she Rest In Peace.

I agree, it's a sad situation, but stupidity had to have been involved.

We have a '55 Ford and it has seatbelts, I had them installed. Better safe than sorry.View attachment 17935
Ooo, dat's nice.

I know we have all been young and stupid...and...inebriated, young, and stupid. I can tell you some really funny/bad/awful stories...and yet, I am here to tell them...lucky me. I am truly sad that this girl did not get to live long enough to understand just how dumb she could be.

Count your blessings, folks...and wear the damned seat belts!

Reactions: JimT