Sudden death wobble?

Ed 05 TJ

Hello, I've had my tj for almost a year. It came with 4 inch currie lift and 35 inch tires. Just recently updated to currie 44s jockrock. Jeep shop did the job.

I've experienced what seemed a "death wobble" twice in about a year. Both times on fwy. Last night was the last time I experienced it.

On both occasions, it went away after a few seconds. Good thing I drive speed limit.

Something I should be looking for to possibly avoid further/longer death wobbles?

well either something is loose or tire balance, and tire balance is the easiest to fix with a good shop and not so easy with a kid running the balance machine.

Got it aligned... did not balance tires because up to last night, it had only done it once in about a year
As said above, tire balance. Even when tires were just balanced that doesn't mean they were balanced well enough. Most shops only give their tire jocks enough time to get them balanced to what they consider "good enough" which is not good enough for the type of front-end the TJ and many trucks have. Bad tire balance is the most common trigger for DW. Something loose in the front end just makes it easier for an imperfectly balanced tire to cause DW. And the bigger the tire, the more perfectly it needs to be balanced.

A balanced electric motor spinning while only being loosely bolted to the work bench won't shake or vibrate. An out of balance spinning motor bolted firmly to the work bench will shake/vibrate the work bench. An out of balance spinning motor only loosely bolted to the work bench will shake the bejesus out of the work bench.