Sunrider is caving my side windows in

bkeith72

Supporting Member
I recently installed a Bestop Supertop NX with the Sunrider option on 04 LJ and I am finding that anytime I have the Sunrider open, both my side windows are caving inward. I'm concerned about the undue stress this may be placing on the windows as they press against the frame and the possible damage being done to the vinyl in the process.

I've tried rolling down the front windows, unzipping the back window and running the HVAC air at full blast but none of these changes the caving-in behavior.

I know the Sunrider was a factory option so I'm curious ... has anyone else seen this happen with your side windows and what have you done to address it?

Thanks!

I think the only way you will NOT get them to cave in is have all the windows and sunrider closed and have the HVAC on, or remove the windows..

With the sunrider open, the interior can't build up any pressure.

I have the OEM version of the same top. Unless i take the windows off, I only open the sunrider portion when on city streets or on trails.

Mine only flaps or caves inward a tiny bit at city street or trail speeds and doesn't strike me as enough ro cause any damage. The times I've tried it on the freeway, it caved inward much more severely and the open top with intact windows felt like I was pulling a parachute.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Unfortunately I'm finding that my side windows cave into the frame even with the Sunrider closed and the drivers window down half way. I'm a little bummed about the marks that might be left on the windows but if this is the way it is for all of us ... I can manage.