SYE vs adjustable control arms

With a typical 2 ujoint drive shaft, like what you have now, the t-case output yoke and the rear diff yoke need to be parallel to each other. Pick up one of these beauties,
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T6YZ0K6/?tag=wranglerorg-20
It will help fine tune your settings. You may find that your yoke relationship is good but the driveshaft operating angles are too step to keep your ujoints happy. A MML will help with that without sacrificing ground clearance by lowering the t-case skid.
Appreciate the input. Just eyeballing it I can tell the yoke angles are off, great link for the tool, just ordered one. I'm hoping I can just use adjustable uppers for now. If that doesnt solve it I'll look into MML or SYE moving forward

Reactions: bobthetj03
Does your t-case skid already have a drop on it? Is your rear drive shaft factory? Do you already have a motor mount lift?
Hey man, after these posts I had a few minutes and got out under the jeep and noticed it does appear to have a t-case drop....see attached pictures.......could I just be possibly dealing with a tired u-joint? The angles after taking a good look do seem a little off, but not as extreme as I had thought before. Would I be better off trying u joints first? Thanks

20200303_125456.jpg

20200303_125454.jpg

The pinion needs to be adjusted so it is pointing directly at the SYE.

True only if the rear shaft is a double cardan. And I don't believe the OP has a SYE at this point either.

Assuming it's not a double cardan, pinion angle should be parallel to the TC output angle.

True only if the rear shaft is a double cardan. And I don't believe the OP has a SYE at this point either.

Assuming it's not a double cardan, pinion angle should be parallel to the TC output angle.
Yes, but at 4” of lift, a CV parallel to the TCase output will produce driveline vibes. Only possibilities to get rid of them are an ~2” TCase drop or combo 1”MML and ~1” TCase drop. Other than that he needs SYE/DC. Anytime you hit 3”+ of lift, I recommend a SYE/DC for non-Rubicon’s as I think that is the best solution. Up to 3” you might get away with a 1”MML.

HAPPY TO REPORT.....replaced both u-joints, and the vibration I was experiencing is reduced about 95%.....the last little bit I'm chalking up to my knobby tires at highway speed. After messing around I did find some play in the pinion u-joint. 2 new boogers and I'm solved. Next issue.....the front end wander 🤣