Tablet mount

StG58

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
Stuck my Tackform tablet mount in the TJ today. Seems pretty solid. We'll see how it does off road.

"It'll take a few moments to get the coordinates from the navicomputer and then we can make the jump to hyperspace! "
20190128_130554.jpg

20190128_122932.jpg

20190128_122845.jpg

The mount arm comes out pretty easily and seems solid. We'll see how it goes once it gets jostled around off road. I used 3M double sided releasable sticky tape to mount the base to the center stack panel. If it doesn't work, it's easy to remove and change.

Stuck my Tackform tablet mount in the TJ today. Seems pretty solid. We'll see how it does off road.

"It'll take a few moments to get the coordinates from the navicomputer and then we can make the jump to hyperspace! "View attachment 74758
View attachment 74759
View attachment 74761
The mount arm comes out pretty easily and seems solid. We'll see how it goes once it gets jostled around off road. I used 3M double sided releasable sticky tape to mount the base to the center stack panel. If it doesn't work, it's easy to remove and change.
6837591c7086101419fabda5aa203994--movie-quotes-tv-quotes.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and StG58
Do you have a picture of the back of the tablet mount? Like where the mount and arm meet? I've been looking at:
RAM-B-101-C-UN9U: RAM Flat Surface Mount with Universal X-GripTM III Holder for Large Tablets
But it's so expensive, I was hoping to find something else that looked like it won't be something that'll I be replacing in a year or so.

Do you have a picture of the back of the tablet mount? Like where the mount and arm meet? I've been looking at:
RAM-B-101-C-UN9U: RAM Flat Surface Mount with Universal X-GripTM III Holder for Large Tablets
But it's so expensive, I was hoping to find something else that looked like it won't be something that'll I be replacing in a year or so.
Sure, give a few and I'll post a picture up.

Here ya' go!
20190130_110133.jpg

20190130_110125.jpg

20190130_110031.jpg

Nice. That looks like it'll hold up. Thanks for the pic. It looks like a quality setup and it's half the price of the one I was looking at. So maybe I can get one for my Jeep and truck.

Reactions: StG58
You're welcome. It's all cast or machined aluminum, except for the actual tablet holder. That's engineered plastic. Tackform advertises them as suitable for off road and construction equipment use. We'll see. The thing is more solid than the dash panel it's attached to though.

Last edited:
It looks perfect. I just need to measure my tablet and I've got a slight debate on using the 1 with 1/4-20 adapter for camera mounts.

It looks perfect. I just need to measure my tablet and I've got a slight debate on using the 1 with 1/4-20 adapter for camera mounts.
I'm trying to figure out how to order new parts from Tackform. The ends and arms are easy to replace, but I'm not seeing anywhere on their site where you can just order a new arm or a new end. It would be useful to be able to get the bits to change the arm length or end fitting type.

Oh wow they've got a bunch of options. I had just been looking on Amazon. I need to grab one of these. Just not sure which vehicle to install it in first.

Their customer service is good as well. Got a very nice response from one of their reps this morning. From Chicago. She's snowed in and working remotely right now. Pleasant and helpful. Oh, and made in the USA.

Reactions: BugoutJeep

"It'll take a few moments to get the coordinates from the navicomputer and then we can make the jump to hyperspace! "View attachment 74758

That long arm length sure makes me think it'd shake and move around too much on a rough bumpy trail. A friend has a short very rigid aluminum design that clamps to the glove box grab bar with no movement/bounce at all on bumpy trails. If I ever get a tablet that's how I'll mount mine.

That's awesome. I have so many different mounts from China that just don't seem to hold up. I have found some stuff that's good from over there, but like a lot of others I try to get stuff that's made in the states. It's not always possible though.

That's a good point. I mounted a cell phone mount and even in different positions it'll move more or less depending on the arm length to the direction of the vibration. For example with engine vibration, if I mount it tall I get left to right vibration. If I drop it horizontally it's basically still.