Taller Front Coil Springs

Kevin E

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
So, I have a 4 inch lift and run 33's.
I'm replacing old springs with new Currie springs which are taller. They cover a 4-5 inch lift.
Will this cause more length in my control arms? Or does it just add more compression for the suspension?

So, I have a 4 inch lift and run 33's.
I'm replacing old springs with new Currie springs which are taller. They cover a 4-5 inch lift.
Will this cause more length in my control arms? Or does it just add more compression for the suspension?
If the new Currie springs give the same amount of lift as the old springs, then the longer Currie springs will simply be more compressed. This will allow you to droop more without the spring becoming unseated from the coil spring isolator. The Currie spring is a progressive rate spring. I believe the combined spring rate of the rear coils is about 115lbs. This is based on adding weight and measuring spring compression in the rear. I do not have an idea of what the rate is in the front.

if the Currie springs give you more lift than the old springs, then you will have to adjust control arms to correct pinion, adjust trackbars to center axles, do an alighment, and adjust steering.

Reactions: Kevin E