Thick cut gears

Jamin

Gday guys.
I want to change my diff gears from 3.09 to 4.56. Ive found thick cut gears for my rear dana 44 so i dont have to change my carrier. My question is do the do a thick cut gear for my front dana 30?
Cheers Jay

Not that I can find. You know a new open carrier is only $70-90 depending on where you get it from. Or go to your local 4x4 shop and see if they have used ones laying around from someone doing a lock upgrade.

Thanks mate. Im in Australia and jeeps are very rare here. Unless you have a toyota landcruiser or a nissan patrol there are no parts for anything else. I might just have to change the carrier in the front to an arb air locker and fit the up graded gears to that

Okay mate, didn't know you were from down under. Yes an ARB is one way to go. Are other lockers as expensive as the ARB? Like a Tru Trac or Detroit locker? Part of deciding which to go with will depend on what your plans are for the Jeep. Good luck and make sure to keep us posted with what you decide to do. Pictures are always a good thing as we all like to look at others rigs. Helps us all dream a little bit.

Jammin, i've never seen thick cut gears for a Dana 30. But for your choices of locker dont overlook the eaton e-lockers, all the function of a ARB without the risk of loss of air pressure.

Yukon make thick cut gears for the 30

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk