Third brake light

In order to pass an annual Texas vehicle inspection, ya gotta have the CHMSL. And, after buying a flasher unit for mine, I asked my shop and was told that flashing exterior lights are verboten in Texas, unless on an emergency or official vehicle. Rats.

It's dark out here. No street lights, narrow roads lined by trees. Last year, a fellow was stopped at night for a left turn nearby and a clown plowed into him at full speed from behind. Air bag saved the clown, hittee was injured. Clown's comment was "I just was not paying attention."

Since the flasher was out, I dropped a load of bux on a very bright LED replacement unit for the CHMSL. Best I can do here.

Care to share a link on where to purchase same? I'm not 100% sure that I want to go the "blinkly light" route, but I do like the idea of a brighter LED for same - TIA!

Adding a third brake light flasher module is pretty simple. Flashes 4 times then stays on solid.

This is the one I use on my truck (daily driver).

Third brake flasher

Thank you for this link, @dla. I ordered one the other day and installed it tonight after work. I did put it under the cover on the tailgate connected to the wires in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: dla and KCsTJ