Thoughts on famous people with money

Love this post, and as you said this is nothing new. To tie it into Jeeps and 4-wheeling, it's interesting to learn about Colorado's mining history via driving the old trails and seeing what's left of the old mines and mills. When I drove the Alpine Loop a few years ago, I got a book from the library beforehand and read up on the mining history of the area around Ouray. I've learned a lot that I didn't know before moving to Colorado, from wheeling, reading, and going to museums and tours of the sites. The initial gold rush in CO, the switch to silver, the crash of the silver price due to the end of government manipulation, mine closures and ghost towns as a result, the mining barons who got rich and sometimes went bankrupt, conditions for miners and their fights to unionize, the Ludlow Massacre, environmental effects (ongoing today such as the spill into the river near Durango and ongoing massive mines near Leadville and Cripple Creek), etc.
I was reading about CW Mcoll as I passed through his hometown of Adubon Iowa and thought it was fascinating he ended up being mayor of Ouray. He also worked to keep the old time theater going for a while there.

Trump has done things that people haven’t heard of much, like pay off people’s homes and give to charities and fund things he is a fan of.

However, I don’t follow this stuff much as I don’t see it publicly shown. I know, the media doesn’t like us to hear about the GOOD people do, and I know they do!

He did a lot of angel flights for families with cancer. This programs has aircraft owners donate their planes, crews and all costs to move families from their home to cancer treatment and back at no cost to the family.