Ticking noise while driving

So I guess the video isn’t ganna load or work but there’s a ticking noise that happens on idle an comes an goes when I’m driving. It’s a very rapid ticking. I checked the manifold an exhaust no cracks or leaks. I’m kinda thinking an injector but want to see if someone else has had the same issue an what it is before replacing all the injectors
anyone else had this issue? Any ideas what it might be I’m thinking injector but it goes away when I’m driving

I fixed the video for you.

That noise is lifter tick, it has nothing to do with the injectors at all. The 4.0 engines are notorious for this lifter tick noise. Many of us have it and just live with it. I believe the only actual solution is to rebuild the cylinder head with new lifters.

As long as you can deal with the occasional noise though, it's nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Brad W

That noise is lifter tick, it has nothing to do with the injectors at all. The 4.0 engines are notorious for this lifter tick noise. Many of us have it and just live with it. I believe the only actual solution is to rebuild the cylinder head with new lifters.

As long as you can deal with the occasional noise though, it's nothing to worry about.

Yeah that tick is very annoying an I don’t like me vehicle sounding like a lemon lol Do you have a website or preferred shop that you recommend to get the parts from?

I bought my 04 a few months ago and it did the same thing. A lot of people here (including me) are 'skeptical' when it comes to oil additives, but I've put Rislone in mine at both oil changes and the ticking, while still there, is considerably quieter. Probably not a permanent solution, but it helps .

Probably an exhaust manifold leak. Mine did that up until I replaced it <1 week ago.

Good point, that totally slipped my mind. Usually the lifters only do it on start up (though sometimes they can do it even while running), but in your case it likely is an exhaust manifold crack, since this is very common on the 4.0.

Reactions: jeep_boss

I've been searching all over the internet for this exact noise. It's only when I'm after 2000 rpms. It does However get better once the engine is completely warmed up. Thanks chris!

Reactions: Chris
I thought I had a lifter tick too. I removed the old lifters and rockers and pushrods and installed all new. Turns out I was wrong and have a bunch of new parts for my future rebuild lol

C30793DB-1E18-45F1-818C-0987EC302C24.jpeg

C65BB228-5A2F-4486-8F3D-D0B4882FC17F.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: MikeE024