Tie Down Track

jgaz

TJ Enthusiast
I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this modification but here goes.

I replaced the two little tie down loops at the rear edge of the load floor at the rear of my LJ. I used a length of cargo track that was picked up at Home Depot. This simple mod. has proven quite handy

image.jpg

image.jpg

This picture shows the removed factory loop and the countersunk fastener holding the track. Countersinking the fastener seem like a good idea at the time but I'm not sure it was worth the effort.

The track is mounted solidly enough with just the two bolts. If not, I was going to add a couple of 1/4" structural pop rivets through the existing track holes. It would be very difficult to use nuts and bolts in these holes due to the limited access to the underbody in that area. The M8-1.25 countersunk fasteners that I used to secure the track are used on most late model Chrysler products to secure the door latch striker to the B and C pillars.

Last edited:
That's a great idea, one I could use myself. Where did you get the parts (since I know people will ask)?

EDIT: Duh... missed the part about Home Depot!