Tire and Wheel section you say?

05LJ

TJ Enthusiast
Quick picture of new Cooper STT pro with new American AR23's. New project coming together.
jeep tire.jpg

Update after 400+ mile roadtrip. Took the jeep instead of company car to do sales calls because of weather and snowy icy roads. These tires kinda surprised me although they do have some siping in the blocks. Overall I think they did very well although Colorado does a great job of sanding and snow removal. Came back over Wolf Creek Pass (cue up C.W. McCall) and chain law was in effect for trucks and no problems. Best tire for snow and ice? not hardly but most of the winter my jeep sleeps in an insulated garage.

Reactions: Chris
Impressive! I wish I knew how well they would do in heavy rain. Probably not likely in Colorado though.

Nice. I've been running the original Discoverer STTs for about 5 years and am not a huge fan, since they tend to chunk and the sidewalls are incredibly stiff. I typically air down on trail to ~ 8 psi for extra traction, and they barely bulge. I bought TMI weld-on beadlocks so I can drop them down even further.

Wonder how the Pros compare? If they're a softer tire, I may look into them...

Reactions: Chris