Tire preferences

Punisher4.0

What tire brand to stay away from because of the ride or not lasting, noise, mine is a daily driver with some mild off wheeling. What do you prefer and what do you think of radar tires vs other brands? I am getting a new set and want to hear your thoughts, at vs mt when on the road mostly . Is there a good tire that fits this?

Another vote for BFG or Cooper, I like the BFG KO2s on my Jeep now, and price wise, they were right in the middle for a quality tire.

Nothing but great things about BFG and Cooper. That said, on my JKU I ran Kumhos and they were just right. Quiet enough for the size. Easy to turn. Worked great in heavy snow and deep water. These were 37s and M/T tires and ran then for 50k plus miles each time(drove that jeep a lot) mostly just on road with light (very very light trails) except for the maybe annual Adams jeep Jamboree event.

Currently running Pro-Comp Xtreme tires on the TJ and like these a lot so far. haven't really "tested' them, but I commute in the Jeep three times a week 5 miles each way and they've been great in the slush and city roads as well as quiet. Westchester county NY where I live has horrible roads, specially this time of the year and bumps and potholes plus gravel and the tires have been very well behaved to say the least.

If there was a brand I would stay away from, its Radar. Some Singapore tire manufacture...? Stick with one of the big name brands, as “label chasing,” as that sounds the big brands carry better customer service and better tires period. Radar? Really?

BFG tires
Cooper
Toyo
Falken
Maxxis
Etc

Reactions: Jamesval035
If there was a brand I would stay away from, its Radar. Some Singapore tire manufacture...? Stick with one of the big name brands, as “label chasing,” as that sounds the big brands carry better customer service and better tires period. Radar? Really?

BFG tires
Cooper
Toyo
Falken
Maxxis
Etc
Thanks for the info

I think you'll find after doing a lot of reading about tires is kinda like anything else for the most part in that stick with popular/proven brands. Yea there are some others that may work for some, be very reasonable, etc. but you're rolling the dice there.

What tire brand to stay away from because of the ride or not lasting, noise, mine is a daily driver with some mild off wheeling. What do you prefer and what do you think of radar tires vs other brands? I am getting a new set and want to hear your thoughts, at vs mt when on the road mostly . Is there a good tire that fits this?

Here's a thread on this forum that has a lot of tire brands and models that you may find helpful.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/m-t-vs-a-t-tires-on-a-tj.31316/

Reactions: JMT