Tired of my top and ready for a new one

I have a Smittybilt and although I can remove it by myself (with difficulty) it does flap like crazy on the highway. I don't even bother to turn on the radio, the flapping noise is so loud.

I
The year old Supertop on our LJ fits like a tarp over farm equipment. The nearly ten year old Supertop NX on my TJ is still tight as a drum.

Not sure if just an LJ thing, or if Bestop is really just phoning it in lately. Flapping, hardware of dubious quality...
I do have an lj but the new twill top I spoke of is for my tj. Even if they do end up sending a replacement I am worried that it will fit the same.

I might be one of the few that likes my Rampage. It HAS given me a couple problems over the years, but they made it right. There are some small straps that help hold the back window in place. They rotted by the second Summer I had it. Rampage REPLACED the entire top! After a couple more years, the center strap broke, but it was a simple matter to replace it.
Overall, the top is still snug and tight. No leaks, no damage to the fabric of the top. I've had it for six years now, and don't see myself replacing it any time soon.

Reactions: thekevin
I have the full Bestop Twill top, including all of the hardware Bestop includes. It is quite tight, but incredibly quiet. In fact, it was quieter than my hardtop before I insulated and deadened it.

Three years later and it is doing well. I do mostly use my hardtop in the winter, but I have had 6-8 inches of snow on the Bestop without any issues.

There is a bracket that can be used to adjust the tension. I have it on the lowest setting and it is still very taut even after three years.