TJ only starts if I jump starter

Dfatt

Hello all! I am new to the forum and new to the TJ community. Very excited about it I must say. So, I drove over 100 miles a couple of days ago to pick up my 2005 Wrangler. As I began to drive it home, made a quick stop for fuel. Jeep didn’t start. Everything worked as mentioned in this post, yet wouldn’t start. Had it towed the remaining way. Spent the day yesterday diagnosing the problem. 12v to battery as well as starter. Tapped wires from starter to positive side of battery and she turned. Then found this and I pulled relay out and in and even switched it. Magic, she fires up!!!! Fires up a few times after as well. Well, that was short lived as she won’t fire up again. What is it that I’m missing? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!! Dave

So now the vehicle won't start even when you jump the starter?

It turns over but just won't actually start?

Could be the ignition actuator as they are prone to break over time.

Alternator over or under charging? Blowing the relay
Battery internal short?
Or as others have already mentioned.

So, I would like to thank you all for responding and giving a helping hand. It actually ended up being a broke relay wire to starter. Guess the reason why when I checked to make sure the wire was getting voltage, it didn’t. Had the feeling after I pulled out actuator and realized it was solid and not broke. I still replaced it only for it to still not start. Then cut the relay wire, clipped it to starter, and she fires up. Thanks again! Dave